Course #: SHARS82021 Course Level: BEGINNER
Title: An Overview: School Health and Related Service (SHARS) PART 2
Presenter: J. Hines PhD.,LSSP
Time: 8 hours
Price: $540.00 (course limited to 50 participants)
Payment Method: STRIPE
Who should take this course?
Federal/State Agencies, public/charter schools, teachers, parents,
social workers, SHARS coordinators, and any profession who works with the
special education community.
DESCRIPTION: The eLearning course "An Overview: School Health and Related Services (SHARS) PART 2. will discuss School Health and Related Services (SHARS). The School Health and Related Services (SHARS) program allows Texas local educational agencies (LEAs) and shared service arrangements (SSAs) to request reimbursement for Medicaid health-related services. The Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) committee determines SHARS services. Services must be medically necessary and reasonable to ensure that children with disabilities are able to participate in the educational program.LEARNING OBJECTIVES: After completing the professional development participants should be able to…
Learning Objective # 1
– Define School Health and Related Services (SHARS). Learning Objective #2
- Describe laws impacting SHARS. Learning Objective # 3
– Evaluate the evaluation process for collecting SHARS data. Learning Objective # 4
– Explain key areas of SHARS compliance. Learning Objective #5
– Discuss how data is collected, during the evaluation process.